Taylor Wolff appears in court, charged with cold case murder of James Carlson

Written by admin on 25/09/2019 Categories: 苏州美甲纹绣培训

His disappearance has haunted RCMP investigators for eight years. May 14, 2008 would be the last time anyone saw 43-year-old James Carlson alive and well.

It’s a cold case that was never closed and on June 17 – police made an arrest just outside of Moose Jaw, Sask.

“31-year-old Taylor Wolff from Saskatoon has been charged with one count of second-degree murder in the death of James Carlson of Watrous, Saskatchewan,” said RCMP Insp. Karen Munro.

READ MORE: Saskatchewan RCMP make arrest in 8-year-old homicide cold case

In 2008, James Carlson disappeared from the Watrous, Sask. area under suspicious circumstances.

RCMP / Supplied



  • Suspect questioned, released in Saskatoon’s 8th homicide of 2016

  • Body found in burnt-out car near North Battleford, Sask.

  • Youth charged after firearm scare at Yorkton Regional High School

    On Monday, Wolff nodded in his brother’s direction as he entered the prisoners box at Saskatoon provincial court for his first court appearance.

    His criminal defence attorney addressed the media outside.

    “I know that they have in the past brought him in to ask him questions to do some of their investigation but I’m not sure why there’s been such an affliction of time before they finally charged him,” said Chris Lavier, Wolff’s lawyer.

    During Wolff’s brief court appearance, he was ordered by the judge to not make any contact with at least 20 people while in custody.

    “We’re not aware of these people, I reviewed that list with Mr. Wolff and he is prepared to abide by that no-contact,” Lavier said.

    On that list provided by the Crown are the names of 20 potential witnesses or co-accused, although Lavier admitted it’s a bit unusual for possible co-accused to not be in custody as well.

    “It’s a little unique I think but certainly the Crown does indicate that they need more information and they’re continuing their investigation.”

    On Friday, RCMP confirmed that Wolff and Carlson knew each other and therefore it wasn’t a random crime. When asked what the connection was, Wolff’s lawyer said he wasn’t sure how well the two knew each other.

    “I believe they’re from the same community, that’s the extent at this point.”

    READ MORE: Man pleads guilty to the second-degree murder of Karina Wolfe

    To date, Carlson’s remains have not been found despite extensive searches by the RCMP around the Watrous, Imperial and Holdfast areas. Farm land, rock piles, bush areas and bodies of water and wells have also been examined by police.

    Two vehicles owned by Carlson were recovered over the span of two years and an investigation of his home led RCMP to believe he was murdered.

    “Investigations, each are individual and the time it takes find the evidence to support the charges are what’s important and in this case it took eight years,” said Munro.

    Wolff has now been remanded and will make his second court appearance on July 22.

    WATCH MORE: In 2013, the RCMP Historical Case Unit released this YouTube video on Carlson’s disappearance:

Comments Off on Taylor Wolff appears in court, charged with cold case murder of James Carlson